Thursday, August 25, 2016

OTHER SELF

Two faces stand before the door,

                                        Naked and vulnerable.

They plead, first softly,   than a scream.

To be admitted and to admit.

Born into a world
                                that told me who to be.
Born into a world
                                 that kept me locked inside.
I always felt the shadow,
                                    the warm breath on my neck
invisible but ever present, ever near.

But still I kept him hidden,
                                       in the billows of my heart.


So easy to hide.............that other self.

Just close my eyes and be what they expect.


But......now I know each moment hidden in the fog.

will hide the beauty that's within.

                                 two faces escapes into the night.

Come out true self, come out and join the journey.

Believe that those who meet you first,

will bring you home to stay,

I love you dear self,

I love you and I will protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment