Thursday, August 25, 2016

THE PRICE OF LOVE



As legacy's go, they will live on to be her legacy.

                                                   A gift left to the world.

An inheritance worth more than gold and jewels.

Each benefactor will testify, with their life and courage,
                                             to the woman  they called Mom.

Each will stand tall and give support to me

and each other,
                         because that is who we are.

I can not promise that I will ever quit
                                    grieving for the love of my life.

But the day will come when I will hear her small voice

insisting that I......

                                 get on with it.

Until than I will unfold the memories

and celebrate the living and loving what we shared.

I will try to give back the courage and

                             the loving heart that filled her breast

and surrounded her life and spilled over into mine

                                              and to those who knew her.

Grief never ends...but changes over time.

Grief is a passage,
                            not a place to live.

Grief is not a sign of weakness,
                                                  not a lack of faith.

Grief is the price of love.




No comments:

Post a Comment