Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dublin in the Fall

When Joyce and I traveled to Dublin a few years ago, we had no idea the impact it would have on our lives.  The sense of connection with our past and the history of our ancestors is beyond belief.  My mom always remind me of my Irish roots  and when we traveled there it was as much for her as it was for us.  History and blood connects us all.





Dublin in the Fall

I am far away

                        In the city by the sea.

Touch my heart,

                        grip my soul

my blood knows

                              that it is home.

Deep orange hues,

                                yellow reds

frame the ancient buildings tall.

Gentle smiles,........ stories tall

gave me sense of place and time.

Fiddle............. harp,

                                 songs of yore

echoed sounds that made me stomp

                                                 made me tap.

Made me yearn for mothers lap

                       Hearing stories of parents passed.

How they left their home and trees

                           Never to see the falling leaves

Never to touch the soil of birth.

Blood is home, blood is back

                                 standing on the roots of life

crunching leaves that fill the air

                                       the same stones that filled their path

the same moon that shined their night

Touch my heart

                                     fill my soul

My blood knows that it is home.

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment