Monday, September 20, 2010

Into Autumn

Into Autumn Stephen Jeffries 2010
 
 
 
I remember Spring time, 
                               ..    .when all the blind and
fresh beginnings,
           were just that, ........beginning.

Seeds were planted, one by one 
                                    ....., some in shallow soil ,
others set deeply in the rich and fertile ground 
.....we call life.

Dreamie youthful springtime, fresh and full of hope,
for tomorrow's living was about to                                                                springforth....... and be.
 

 
I remember Summertime, when hopes fulfilled, I stretched out
                    
on the cool and silkie grass

and looked to God's heaven, escapeing into the fluffy clouds

The sun lite beams of glory that almost blinds me,
as it saunders through the outstreached tree limb
                           gives my face a warm embrace
the world is right and I am in it.
 
 
 
Summertime carresses my soul, as I walk barefoot in the
meadows of living..................just living.
So glad the journey is not alone,
so glad my life is filled with love and laughter
and lingering smells of springtime.
 
But snap!!! I must arise and commence to sew and weed
and become what God intended me to be.
I jouney to the summer mountain, through the uncleared trail ,
falling,
sometimes exhausted
                                but reaching toward the top .

I may never reach the peak of my existance but I will have journeyed,
                I will have reached for God's promise.
 
When Authumn springs upon us,
like the heavy morning dew rests on a blade of tender grass.

It rests solidly on my shoulders,
weighting each footstep causing a breath of gasps.
.
We were warned , but still, when it arrived,
pretending not to be shocked......
                                                    we were shocked.
 
 
 
Autumn leaves fall gently, gracing each.                                                                                footprint,
               like a patchwork quilt of beauty
guilding me into the winter of our existance.

The soft sounds of Springtime,
                   the loud parade of summer sirens,
are but a scrapbook of memories.


Autumn is upon us, and I embrace it and feel .

With winter wind swiping across my neck, I am so afraid,
Afraid of an uncertain existance.
Afraid the storms will slow my heart
and cause a stumble in my walk.
Afraid the springtime vision of the branches of my tree
will be hidden in the depths of winter's expectations.


I have a choice..
lay down and bury love beneath the quilted leaves of fall
                      and just wait..
                                    for winter's sure to come.

or Stand up and wrap myself in the warmth of living
          and loving and believing.

Believing that God and love will fill the empty spaces of my heart
                      and lead me into winter's journey.

I choose life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment